In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (1998), every Israeli citizen or resident is entitled to receive any information from any public authority (whether written, recorded, filmed, photographed or computerized).
Accordant to the Freedom of Information Act, the handling of requests for information made to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development is primarily based on the concept that accessibility and transparency are the authority's obligation toward the citizen.
The Freedom of Information Act states that it is the citizen’s right to obtain information from the public authorities, and it is the obligation of the authority to supply the information.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development is attempting to act not only within the letter of the law, with all its details and particulars, but also within its spirit, while strictly and carefully protecting the rights of the applicants as well as those of the subjects of the information requests.
Submitting a Request to the Custodian
· In order to receive information, please submit a request by email to the ministry's Custodian for the Freedom of Information Act at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Download request form to receive information in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act
Payment of Fees
According to Regulations 2 and 3 of the Freedom of Information Ordinances (Fees) 5759 - 1999, the reception of information accordant with the Freedom of Information Act requires the payment of a fee.
· The Cost of the Request Fee: 95 NIS
· A Locating and Handling Fee will be calculated according to the rate of 51 NIS for every hour of locating, sorting or any other labor related to the handling of the request, starting from the third hour.
· A Production Fee for the information will be calculated according to the rate of 1.28 NIS for every photocopied page or computer output page produced, or 5.07 NIS for each floppy disc that is handed out.
· The basic amount for receiving an obligation is 252 NIS.
Payment of Fees (in Hebrew)
Government Payment Service
Exemptions from the payment of fees
· In order to avoid paying unnecessary fees, it is recommended to check whether the requested information exists on the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development’s website.
· Information concerning the applicant himself is exempt from the request fee as well as the handling fee for up to 4 hours of labor.
The Freedom of Information Act 5758 - 1998 (in Hebrew)