The pathology division includes the following laboratories:
A. The pathology laboratory
B. The toxicology (diagnosis of poisoning) laboratory
C. The Rabies laboratory
The laboratory is responsible for the following fields:
- Ongoing pathological/histopathological diagnosis for all animals.
- Practical research for the improvement of diagnostics.
- Performing field visits, autopsies, and investigating events in farms in coordination with the treating doctor and the doctor of the veterinary office.
- Teaching systemic pathology at the Koret School of Veterinary Medicine at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Practical training of fourth year students at the Pathology Laboratory.
- Training veterinary doctors from different sectors during internships.
The tests performed at the pathology laboratory
2. Autopsies of stillborn fetuses (especially in cattle, goats and sheep).
3. Inspection of fresh animal organs from outside sources.
4. Histopathological tests (biopsies) including bird organs.
5. Immunohistochemical tests.
6. Cytological tests.
7. Testing brains for Scrapie and BSE.
8. Analyzing skulls to check for Rabies.