A tree absorbs around 20 kg. of dust annually, filters and purifies around 100,000 m2 of polluted air each year, raises the economic value of a property by a large percentage, and that’s just the start. You never thought how much trees give you.
- The tree serves as the “heart of nature” for those living in the city. It connects us with the seasons by reminding us of trees blossoming, flowers, and the leaves of fall.
- One tree can absorb 20 kg. of dust annually, and “swallow up” 80 kg. of suspensions, containing toxic metals such as mercury, lithium, lead etc.
- One tree cleans and purifies around 100,000 m2 of polluted air each year, creates 700 kg. of oxygen, and absorbs 20 tons of carbon dioxide.
- Some of the oxygen in the air we breathe is produced by plants. Without trees and plants we wouldn’t be able to breathe.
- One tree helps reduce our environmental temperature in the summer by up to 4 degrees.
- One tree close to a house is like an acoustic wall – it absorbs noise and reduces the noise level.
- A mature tree, with a trunk around half a meter in diameter, is estimated to be worth around NIS 20,000.
- A mature tree near a property raises its economic value by many percent.
- One tree can serve as a home for dozens of birds.
- The root system of mature trees can be a significant resistance factor during an earthquake.
We also need to keep in mind the incredible contribution of trees during the annoying season when the ficus fruits fall, which lasts for only around 3 months, and when some tree reaches our window.
We need to look after trees, refrain from aggressive felling and cutting off treetops, ensure that only professionals treat the trees, and pass on this information to anyone who has not yet discovered the incredible importance of trees.